Get help with online webinars from HMRC if you're an agent.
Available webinars, known as talking points, can last up to an hour.
To attend a live webinar, register and sign in at least 5 minutes before it starts.
You can ask your host questions during a webinar using the on-screen text box.
Making Tax Digital – latest update
Register for the next live webinar on Making Tax Digital for VAT. This will give the latest information on Making Tax Digital and will allow agents to ask questions about any aspect of it that they are not sure about.
Register for the next live webinar on trade losses. This will look at the different ways trade losses can be relieved by Individuals. Including examples of the different loss relief provisions, time limits applicable to each claim and further points to consider.
Register for a live webinar on basis periods. This will give information about:
- the different rules that apply to commencement years
- the effect on a basis period when there is a change of accounting date
- overlapping periods
We also look at some pointers when dealing with a change from sole trader to partnership and vice versa.
Income from property for individual landlords - part 1
Register for the live webinar on income from property for individual landlords - part 1 which will look at restricting finance cost relief and the cash basis eligibility and computational rules.
Income from property for individual landlords - part 2
The live webinar for income from property for individual landlords - part 2 will look at some of the main expenses and deductions, allowances and reliefs.
Capital allowances and vehicles
The live webinar for capital allowances and vehicles is aimed at your sole trader clients and gives an overview of the special rules for cars.
Watch videos about trading with the EU after Brexit.
Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS)
Catch up with the Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS) webinar from 1 October 2019. This webinar looked at:
- the SEIS application procedure for companies
- key aspects of legislation to be aware of
- how investors claim SEIS relief
- common errors made by companies and investors
New VAT reverse charge for construction services
Catch up with the New VAT reverse charge for construction services webinar from 30 September 2019. If your clients provide building services, they could be affected by this reverse charge. This webinar will discuss how their cash flow may be impacted and what they need to do to prepare.
VAT Flat Rate Scheme
Catch up with the VAT Flat Rate Scheme webinar from 22 August 2019. This webinar covers:
- what the Flat Rate Scheme is
- limited costs to business and how to check if this applies to you
- how to keep VAT records
- how to fill in the VAT Return
Off-payroll working rules from April 2020
Catch up with the Off-payroll working rules from April 2020 webinar from 18 October 2019. This webinar gives an update about the reform of off-payroll working rules from April 2020, for engagements with:
- the public sector
- medium and large sized organisations
National Minimum Wage: How to carry out checks to make sure compliance with minimum wage legislation
Catch up with the National Minimum Wage webinar from 6 November 2019. Employers must pay the National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage at the right rate. This webinar will help stop errors that employers make which tip them into non-compliance.
Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)
Catch up with the Statutory Sick Pay – what needs to be considered when an employee is sick webinar from 22 August 2019. This webinar includes:
- what needs to be considered when an employee is sick
- the qualifying conditions
- what happens when an employee is not entitled to Statutory Sick Pay
- how to pay Statutory Sick Pay
Making Tax Digital for Business
Watch webinars, and catch up with the:
- Making Tax Digital – your agent services account webinar from 3 October 2019 for the latest information, including the new agent services account and signing clients up to Making Tax Digital
- Making Tax Digital for business part 1 webinar for an introduction to Making Tax Digital for VAT from 4 December 2018
- Making Tax Digital for business part 2 webinar for more information on Making Tax Digital for VAT and the agent 4 December 2018
- Making Tax Digital for business webinar from 22 May 2018
- Making Tax Digital for business webinar from the 6 March 2018 to find out what you need to do to help your clients prepare for the change and how to get involved in the pilot
Income from property for individual landlords – part 1
Catch up with the income from property for individual landlords – part 1 webinar from 11 December 2019. The webinar looks at restricting finance cost relief and the cash basis eligibility and computational rules.
Income from property for individual landlords – part 2
Catch up with the income from property for individual landlords – part 2 webinar from 9 August 2019. This webinar looks at some of the main expenses and deductions, allowances and reliefs.
Use agent toolkits to help you understand how to submit accurate returns to HMRC. They include checklists which you can use to avoid common errors.