Get help with online webinars from HMRC if you're an agent.
Interactive online webinars, known as talking points, can last up to an hour.
To attend an upcoming online webinar, register and sign in at least 5 minutes before it starts.
You can ask your host questions during a webinar using the on-screen text box.
Upcoming online webinars
Making Tax Digital – latest update
This webinar will give the latest information on Making Tax Digital for VAT and will allow Agents to ask questions about any aspect of MTD that they are not sure about.
Off-payroll working rules from April 2020
This webinar gives an update to the reform of off-payroll working rules from April 2020, for engagements with the public sector and medium and large size organisations.
Expenses and benefits - social functions and parties
This is a short webinar for employers and covers the tax and National Insurance treatment of giving their employees annual social functions such as a Christmas party or summer barbecue.
It does not cover reimbursing staff for the costs of entertaining or providing hospitality to customers or clients. You can find guidance about this on GOV.UK.
Expenses and benefits for employers - phones, internet and homeworking
This is part of our expenses and benefits range of webinars for employers. It gives an overview of the tax and National Insurance treatment where an employer:
- provides a mobile phone
- reimburses the use of a personal mobile phone
- provides broadband in an employees home, or pays towards it
- provides homeworking expenses to its employees
How to show self-employed business expenses on your tax return
During the webinar we will look at what business expenses are and cover the most common expenses to show what is and is not allowable, to help you to enter accurate figures on the tax return.
Income from property for individual landlords - Part 1
During this webinar we will be looking at restricting finance cost relief and the cash basis eligibility and computational rules.
Income from property for individual landlords - Part 2
This webinar looks at some of the main expenses and deductions, allowances and reliefs.
Watch videos about trading with the EU after Brexit.
Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS)
Catch up with the Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS) webinar from 1 October 2019. This webinar focused on the SEIS application procedure for companies, key aspects of legislation to be aware of, how investors claim SEIS relief and common errors made by companies and investors.
New VAT reverse charge for construction services
Catch up with the New VAT reverse charge for construction services webinar from 30 September 2019. If your clients provide building services, they could be affected by this reverse charge. This webinar will discuss how their cash flow may be impacted and what they need to do to prepare.
VAT Flat Rate Scheme
Catch up with the VAT Flat Rate Scheme webinar from 22 August 2019. This webinar covers:
- what the Flat Rate Scheme is
- limited costs to business and how to check if this applies to you
- how to keep VAT records
- how to fill in the VAT Return
Off-payrolling working rules from April 2020
Catch up with the Off-payrolling working rules from April 2020 webinar from 18 October 2019. This webinar gives an update about the reform of off-payroll working rules from April 2020, for engagements with:
- the public sector
- medium and large sized organisations
National Minimum Wage: How to carry out checks to make sure compliance with minimum wage legislation
Catch up with the National Minimum Wage webinar from 6 November 2019. Employers must pay the National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage at the right rate. This webinar will help stop errors that employers make which tip them into non-compliance.
Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)
Catch up with the Statutory Sick Pay – what needs to be considered when an employee is sick webinar from 22 August 2019. This webinar includes:
- what needs to be considered when an employee is sick
- the qualifying conditions
- what happens when an employee is not entitled to Statutory Sick Pay
- how to pay Statutory Sick Pay
Making Tax Digital for Business
Watch webinars, and catch up with the:
- Making Tax Digital – your agent services account webinar from 3 October 2019 for the latest information, including the new agent services account and signing clients up to Making Tax Digital
- Making Tax Digital for business part 1 webinar for an introduction to Making Tax Digital for VAT from 4 December 2018
- Making Tax Digital for business part 2 webinar for more information on Making Tax Digital for VAT and the agent 4 December 2018
- Making Tax Digital for business webinar from 22 May 2018
- Making Tax Digital for business webinar from the 6 March 2018 to find out what you need to do to help your clients prepare for the change and how to get involved in the pilot
Income from property for individual landlords – part 1
Catch up with the income from property for individual landlords – part 1 webinar from 9 August 2019. The webinar looks at restricting finance cost relief and the cash basis eligibility and computational rules.
Income from property for individual landlords – part 2
Catch up with the income from property for individual landlords – part 2 webinar from 9 August 2019. This webinar looks at some of the main expenses and deductions, allowances and reliefs.
Use agent toolkits to help you understand how to submit accurate returns to HMRC. They include checklists which you can use to avoid common errors.