This guidance explains how a range of areas regulated by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) may be affected if the UK leaves the EU without a deal.
Health and safety protections, and your duties as an employer to protect the health and safety of your employees, will not change with Brexit. UK laws will offer the same protections as existing EU law.
Find out more about organisational compliance on HSE’s website.
Importing and exporting
If your business moves high-risk material like chemicals or explosives in or out of the UK, read the guidance on how changes to importing and exporting after Brexit could affect you.
The UK is strongly committed to the effective and safe management of chemicals. This will not change after Brexit.
Read the latest information on regulating chemicals as part of your preparations for Brexit:
- biocides – authorisation of biocidal substances and products
- classification, labelling and packaging (CLP) of substances and chemicals
- export and import of hazardous chemicals (PIC) from and into Europe
- regulating pesticides during a potential implementation period (PPP) – pesticides or plant protection products
- regulating chemicals (REACH) – registration, evaluation, authorisation and restriction of chemicals