English Hubs offer support to local schools, academies and free schools to improve teaching of phonics, early language and reading in reception and year 1.
What you can get
English Hubs offer:
- showcase events highlighting best practice in age-appropriate systematic synthetic phonics, early language development and a love of reading
- support to develop an action plan for improvement
- funding to buy resources to support excellent teaching in phonics and early language
- an audit of the quality of reading and early language teaching in eligible schools
Who can get support
The programme is open to all schools, academies and free schools with pupils in:
- reception - early years foundation stage (EYFS)
- year 1 - first year of key stage 1 (KS1)
We will prioritise applications from schools:
- with a phonics screening check result below the published national average
- who have a higher than average proportion of pupils reading below age-related expectations
- with high levels of disadvantage
- referred by national leaders of education
What it costs
The support offered by English Hubs is mostly free and funded by the Department for Education.
How to get support
Find your local English Hub and contact them directly.