General hospital school census: guide to submitting data
What data general hospital schools must collect and how to submit it.
The general hospital school census is a statutory census that takes place every January. You must complete statutory censuses by law unless there’s a good reason not to.
The census collects the following information from general hospital schools:
- their contact details
- how many pupils there are on the attendance register
- the number of teaching staff and non teaching staff
- how many pupils have special educational needs (SEN)
- how many pupils are eligible for free school meals (FSM)
2016 census dates:
- census day: Thursday 21 January 2016
- deadline for submitting your data: Thursday 18 February 2016
Submit your data
You should use COLLECT, our centralised data collection and management system, when you submit school census data to the Department for Education (DfE).
The following documents will help you complete the census:
If you would like help completing the general hopsital census, or you have any questions about the census, please use the service request form.
Please contact your school or local authority approver, if you:
- want to request a Secure Access username or password to access COLLECT
- need to add the general hospital school census to the list of available collections you can see in COLLECT
If you do not know who your approver is, please use the Secure Access service request form, making sure you select ‘I do not know who the approver is for my organisation’.
If you have any comments about the Data Collection Helpdesk service, the COLLECT system or any other aspects of our data collection service please use the feedback form.