Engineering environmental technologies apprenticeships
- Skills Funding Agency
- Part of:
- Engineering and manufacturing technologies apprenticeships and Further education and training
- 12 April 2012
- Applies to:
Types of apprenticeships that you can apply for in the engineering environmental technologies sector.
This placement is primarily for those who have completed a level 3 apprenticeship in a related industry or for those who are already working as a craftsperson or technician. A high level of skill and knowledge of the engineering trade is expected.
The industry you work in will vary depending on the pathway you and your employer choose for the apprenticeship. In manufacturing you could be working on improving the performance of machinery and production technology to reduce environmental impact. In the construction sector you would be trained to advise on how to reduce the carbon footprint in the building trade.
You’ll be taught about effective energy management systems to reduce energy consumption of plumbing, lighting and heating fixtures to help you work in building services engineering.
Types of apprenticeships
This is a higher level apprenticeship (level 4). You could train in roles like:
- construction technical supervisor
- built environment sustainability manager
- supply chain co-ordinator
- retrofit technical site supervisor
- environmental supervisor (manufacturing engineering)
- health, safety and environmental supervisor
- manufacturing shop operations supervisor
- facilities controls engineer
- environmental manufacturing planning engineer
- technical facilities/contract manager
- technical business development manager
Apply for an engineering environmental technologies apprenticeship
You can apply for an apprenticeship in England if you’re:
- 16 or over
- eligible to work in England
- not in full-time education
Published: 12 April 2012