Digital Marketplace suppliers' guide
- Government Digital Service
- Part of:
- Digital Marketplace buyers and suppliers information and Central government efficiency
- First published:
- 22 January 2016
- Last updated:
- 18 May 2016, see all updates
How to sell cloud technology and digital specialist services to government on the Digital Marketplace.
1. Digital Marketplace overview
The Digital Outcomes and Specialists 2 framework is now open for applications. The application deadline is 5pm GMT, 14 December 2016.
The Digital Marketplace helps you sell cloud technology and specialist services for digital projects.
You can sell services in 2 ways.
You can provide:
- cloud services (eg web hosting or IT health checks) through the G-Cloud framework
- digital outcomes, digital specialists and user research services through the Digital Outcomes and Specialists framework
You can apply to sell services when a new version of a framework (agreement between government and suppliers) is published on the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU). There’s a limited time in which you’ll be able to apply, usually for 6 weeks every 6 to 9 months.
You need to agree to the basic framework and contract (or ‘call-off’) terms when you apply. You don’t need to be based in the UK to provide services through either framework.
2. Services you can sell
Cloud-based services on the Digital Marketplace are split into 4 categories or ‘lots’:
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), eg content delivery networks or hosting
- Platform as a Service (PaaS), eg platforms that provide a basis for building other services and applications
- Software as a Service (SaaS), eg accounting tools or customer service management software
- Specialist Cloud Services (SCS), eg IT health checks or data migrations
Digital specialist services
Digital specialist services are also split into 4 categories:
- digital outcomes, eg a team to provide a booking system beta or an accessibility audit
- digital specialists, eg an individual developer or user researcher to work on a specific project
- user research studios
- user research participants
3. Selling Digital Marketplace services
The selling process is different depending on whether you’re selling cloud-based services through the G-Cloud framework or digital specialist services through the Digital Outcomes and Specialists framework.
Read the G-Cloud suppliers’ guide to learn more about selling cloud technology and support.
Read the Digital Outcomes and Specialists suppliers’ guide to learn more about providing digital specialist services.
4. When you can apply
The Digital Outcomes and Specialists 2 framework is now open for applications.
The G-Cloud 8 framework is closed for applications. The next G-Cloud framework is expected to open in early 2017.
Read the Digital Marketplace blog for the latest updates.
If you have any questions about the Digital Marketplace or the selling process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published: 22 January 2016
Updated: 18 May 2016
- G-Cloud 8 is open for supplier applications
- First published.