Digital Marketplace suppliers' guide
- Government Digital Service
- Part of:
- Digital Marketplace buyers and suppliers information and Central government efficiency
- First published:
- 22 January 2016
- Last updated:
- 14 December 2016, see all updates
How to sell cloud technology and digital specialist services to government on the Digital Marketplace.
1. Digital Marketplace overview
The Digital Marketplace helps you sell cloud technology and specialist services for digital projects.
You can sell services in 2 ways.
You can provide:
- cloud services (eg web hosting or IT health checks) through the G-Cloud framework
- digital outcomes, digital specialists and user research services through the Digital Outcomes and Specialists framework
You can apply to sell services when a new version of a framework (agreement between government and suppliers) is published on the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU). There’s a limited time in which you’ll be able to apply, usually for 6 weeks every 6 to 9 months.
You need to agree to the basic framework and contract (or ‘call-off’) terms when you apply. You don’t need to be based in the UK to provide services through either framework.
2. Services you can sell
Cloud-based services on the Digital Marketplace are split into 4 categories or ‘lots’:
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), eg content delivery networks or hosting
- Platform as a Service (PaaS), eg platforms that provide a basis for building other services and applications
- Software as a Service (SaaS), eg accounting tools or customer service management software
- Specialist Cloud Services (SCS), eg IT health checks or data migrations
Digital specialist services
Digital specialist services are also split into 4 categories:
- digital outcomes, eg a team to provide a booking system beta or an accessibility audit
- digital specialists, eg an individual developer or user researcher to work on a specific project
- user research studios
- user research participants
3. Selling Digital Marketplace services
The selling process is different depending on whether you’re selling cloud-based services through the G-Cloud framework or digital specialist services through the Digital Outcomes and Specialists framework.
- the G-Cloud suppliers’ guide to learn more about selling cloud technology and support
- the Digital Outcomes and Specialists suppliers’ guide to learn more about providing digital specialist services
- how to talk about being a supplier on the Digital Marketplace
4. When you can apply
The Digital Outcomes and Specialists 2 framework is closed for applications. The next Digital Outcomes and Specialists framework is expected to open in the second half of 2017.
The next G-Cloud framework is expected to open in early 2017.
Read the Digital Marketplace blog for the latest updates.
If you have any questions about the Digital Marketplace or the selling process, email email@example.com.
Published: 22 January 2016
Updated: 14 December 2016
- Updated to show that applications for Digital Outcomes and Specialists have closed.
- G-Cloud 8 is open for supplier applications
- First published.