How to sell cloud technology and digital specialist services to government on the Digital Marketplace.
1. Digital Marketplace overview
The Digital Marketplace helps you sell cloud technology and specialist services for digital projects.
You can sell services in 2 ways.
You can provide:
- cloud services (for example content delivery networks or accounting software) through the G-Cloud framework
- digital outcomes, digital specialists and user research services through the Digital Outcomes and Specialists framework
You can apply to sell services when a new version of a framework (agreement between government and suppliers) is published on the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU). There’s a limited time in which you’ll be able to apply, usually for 6 weeks every 9 to 18 months.
You need to agree to the basic framework and contract (or ‘call-off’) terms when you apply. You don’t need to be based in the UK to provide services through either framework.
2. Services you can sell
Cloud-based services on the Digital Marketplace are split into 3 categories or ‘lots’:
- cloud hosting, for example content delivery networks or load balancing services
- cloud software, for example accounting tools or customer service management software
- cloud support, for example migration services or ongoing support
Digital specialist services
Digital specialist services are split into 4 categories:
- digital outcomes, for example a team to provide a booking system beta or an accessibility audit
- digital specialists, for example an individual developer or user researcher to work on a specific project
- user research studios
- user research participants
3. Selling Digital Marketplace services
The selling process is different depending on whether you’re selling cloud-based services through the G-Cloud framework or digital specialist services through the Digital Outcomes and Specialists framework.
- the G-Cloud suppliers’ guide to learn more about selling cloud technology and support
- the Digital Outcomes and Specialists suppliers’ guide to learn more about providing digital specialist services
- how to talk about being a supplier on the Digital Marketplace
4. When you can apply
The Digital Outcomes and Specialists 3 framework is open for applications until 5pm BST, 22 August 2018.
The G-Cloud 10 framework is closed for applications. The next G-Cloud framework is expected to open in 2019.
Sign up for email notifications about when the frameworks open.
If you have any questions about the Digital Marketplace or the selling process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.