Council Tax notice of alteration

What a notice of alteration is and what you need to do if you receive one.

A notice of alteration is a letter sent to you if your property valuation listing has changed on the Council Tax valuation list.

You’ll receive a notice of alteration if:

  • the banding of your property changes
  • a new property is brought into the Council Tax list
  • the date the banding is effective from changes
  • the address of your property changes

If you receive a notice of alteration you don’t need to do anything. If you want to appeal the decision there’s information available on Council Tax appeals.

Published 18 April 2017