Apply for an animal welfare grant of up to £100,000 for your zoo or aquarium affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).
Before you can apply for a Zoos Support Fund grant, you must check that you’re eligible.
What you’ll need
You may have to provide the following information in your application.
You may need to provide your:
- contact name, phone number and address
- UK bank account number and sort code (only provide bank account details where a BACS payment can be accepted)
- CPID (counter-party identifier) reference, if you’re a public sector organisation
- zoo licence or exemption certificate
- animal activities licence (if applicable)
- state aid declaration (if applicable)
- DUNS number (if applicable)
- VAT registration number
- company number or registered charity number
- current animal inventory
Evidence that you have tried to get other support
You may need to provide:
- emails, letters or reference numbers for your applications to the Treasury and HMRC COVID-19 intervention schemes
- emails or letters from your commercial bank where you have sought additional support such as mortgage holidays, rent holidays or overdraft extensions
- evidence of your efforts to raise funds, such as links to crowd-funding pages and emails to your members and the public asking for donations
Evidence to justify the amount you’re asking for
You may need to provide your:
- bank statements for all accounts to demonstrate current cash reserves
- estimated animal care-related costs up to 31 July 2020
- evidence of animal care-related costs for the previous 3 months
- estimated animal rehoming costs up to 31 July 2020
- full set of accounts for 2019 to 2020 (or latest year available)
- justification for the amount of funding you’ve requested and how costs have been minimised
Register with the eSourcing portal
Follow these steps to register for the eSourcing portal. You’ll only need to register once:
- Go to the eSourcing portal and click ‘Register now’.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions and click ‘continue’.
- Enter your organisation and user details.
- Note your chosen username.
- Click ‘Save’ when complete.
When you’ve submitted your registration you’ll get an email with your unique password. Keep this secure.
If you need help with the registration process, contact Bravo (the hosting company of the eSourcing portal) by phone on 0800 368 4850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Once you’ve registered, follow these steps to make your application:
- Log in to the eSourcing portal .
- Click the ‘ITTs open to all suppliers’ list.
- Select ‘Grant – Zoo Support (COVID 19)’.
- Click the ‘Express interest’ button. This will move the ITT into your My ITTs page.
- Click ‘Create response’.
- Complete the online application form with your organisation details, following the onscreen instructions.
- Provide any evidence required.
- Click ‘Submit response’ when complete.
What happens after you apply
The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) will consider your application. You’ll get the outcome of your application by email.
Defra may ask for more evidence to support your application through the e-sourcing portal.
If you have questions about the Zoos Support Fund or how to apply, you can contact Defra by email email@example.com.