The Capital Funding Guide (CFG) contains the rules and procedures for all providers delivering affordable housing through one of the Homes and Communities Agency’s affordable homes programmes.
The CFG provides the rules and requirements for grant funded schemes as well as occasional nil grant schemes, that grant recipients must follow.
If users have queries on any aspect of the requirements contained within this guide, or any related matter, they should contact their contract manager or relevant operating area in the first instance.
- 1. Help to Buy: Shared Ownership This chapter sets out the Agency’s requirements that apply to grant funded Help to Buy: Shared Ownership schemes. The chapter also includes the Agency’s standard model lease and details concerning the fundamental clauses of the shared ownership lease.
- 2. Rent to Buy This chapter sets out the requirements and procedures which must be followed when developing affordable housing as Rent to Buy.
- 3. Specialist Homes for Older, Disabled and Vulnerable People This chapter sets out the Agency’s requirements and procedures which must be followed by providers when providing Affordable Rent and Help to Buy: Shared Ownership accommodation that is classified as specialist housing.
- 4. Housing for Rent This chapter sets out the procedures and conditions which must be followed by providers progressing schemes for rent, including Affordable Rent and Social Rent. This chapter also sets out eligibility and procedures for works to Registered Providers’ existing rental stock.
- 5. Department of Health Programmes This chapter sets out the requirements and procedures which must be followed when developing affordable housing funded through the Department of Health’s Care and Support Specialised Housing Fund, the Homelessness Change fund and the Platform for Life fund.
- 6. Programme Management This chapter sets out the Agency’s requirements in relation to management of a provider’s approved allocation funded through one of the Agency’s affordable homes programmes.
- 7. Grant Recovery This chapter sets out the grant recovery and recycling requirements for all registered providers and includes the Agency’s Recovery Determination.
- 8. Procurement and Scheme Issues This chapter sets out procurement and scheme delivery requirements.
- 9. Finance This chapter sets out the conditions and procedural requirements for the use of public subsidy.
- 10. Right to Acquire This chapter provides details on the Right to Acquire product and the Agency’s funding requirements and processes for landlords to follow in respect of the Right to Acquire.
- 11. Social HomeBuy This chapter provides details on the Social HomeBuy product and the Agency's requirements to be followed by registered providers.
- 12. Capital Funding Guide Library and Updates This chapter provides historical versions of the Capital Funding Guide (CFG) dating back to 2004 and explains how updates to the guide are made and recorded.
- 13. Glossary Contains definitions of words and acronyms used throughout the Capital Funding Guide.