The British Embassy Programme Fund is a fund to support programme activity in line with the UK government’s foreign policy objectives in Turkey annually.
The British Embassy (BE) in Ankara is now accepting project proposals for the 2018/2019 financial year (July 2018-March 2019).
Deadline for implementers to submit project bids to British Embassy: Friday, 29 June 2018
The British Embassy Programme Fund supports programme activity in line with the UK government’s foreign policy objectives in Turkey. The programme’s main priority areas are promoting democratic values and structures, human rights, social inclusion and the rule of law.
The BEF project bids are shortlisted and approved by the British Embassy’s Post Programme Board. To apply for funding, interested organisations must submit a project proposal and activity based budget form (please see the forms below) to the Embassy’s Project Section. This will provide the basic information required to enable the Post Programme Board to make an assessment on whether or not the proposal will be short listed. All projects submitted must directly support at least one of the following priority objectives for the British Embassy Programme Fund:
- Enable strong rule of law, including through strengthening reforms in the justice sector and promoting human rights
- Support the strengthening of civil society organisations to support democratic governance in Turkey
The funding is in the local currency (Turkish Lira - ₺). The BEF funds projects between 50.000 ₺ and 150.000 ₺
All British Embassy Programme Fund projects must clearly demonstrate how they:
- Support the above priorities;
- Deliver value for money (VfM);
- Meet OECD criteria for Official Development Assistance (ODA) funding; and
- Aim to complete 85% ODA spend before the end of December.
Bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Alignment with the above mentioned thematic priorities and outcomes
- Outcomes are achievable within the funding period
- Project design includes clear monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Sustainability demonstrating that project benefits continue after the funding ends
- Risk and financial accountability procedures
- The organisation’s safeguarding policies that ensure protection of beneficiaries
- Overall value for money
Frequently asked questions:
Managerial and Financial Aspects:
- Any organisation can apply for funding. We do not accept project bids submitted by individuals.
- Projects spanning two financial year are permitted (Note: UK financial year runs from 1 April to 31 March). Please note that the funding for the second year of multiyear projects will depend on the outcomes achieved within the first financial year. The majority of outcomes are expected to be achieved by the end of March.
- Please note that we cannot make pre-payments; the successful bidders should make the payment and then ask us to reimburse these expenses. The implementer should be able to receive money transfers from us.
- Organisations must prove that they are able to manage the project sum in a satisfactory manner; the Embassy may request reports by auditors.
We regret that we are unable to fund:
- academic courses,
- charitable activities,
- commercial activities,
- infrastructure or construction projects, or
- Humanitarian aid.
- A partnership framework to support the broader engagement of a project can strengthen your bid.
- Other sources of funding should be specified in the project bid.
- British Embassy’s profile in the project must be guaranteed.
Approval, contract and reporting:
If the project is approved, the applicant will be given two copies of the contract, outlining the conditions of the grant. One signed copy must be returned to the British Embassy in Ankara. The Embassy will require monthly financial reports and quarterly project progress reports from implementers. The first payment will be made upon the receipt of monthly financial report. When the project has been completed the implementer shall prepare and send a final report to the Embassy within the period specified in the contract.
Implementation time frame:
Successful applicants will implement their projects until March. All payment requests should be finalised in the first week of March, with 85% of funding spent by mid-December, and you are advised to plan project activities accordingly.
Following templates will be used for project proposals:
If you require further information, please e-mail: Bef.firstname.lastname@example.org
The British Embassy (BE) in Ankara is now accepting project proposals for the 2018/2019 financial year (July 2018-March 2019). Deadline for implementers to submit project bids to British Embassy: Friday, 29 June 2018.
If you are interested, please click on the following link to download the call for bids document:
Please send bid forms by email to Bef.Projects@fco.gov.uk
Please submit your bid with the subject line:
(Name of your organisation) BEF 2018-19 project proposal priority # 1
(Name of your organisation) BEF 2018-19 project proposal priority # 2
Only successful bidders will be contacted.