Find out what the role of an external expert involves and how to apply. Information for current experts on renewing your contract or adding additional skills.
Are you looking for a new challenge? Would you like to add to your CV?
We are looking for people to join us as external experts to help our work on qualifications and assessments for GCSEs, A levels, a wide range of vocational and technical qualifications and new apprenticeship end-point assessments.
External experts are invaluable to the work we do to ensure the qualifications we regulate are fit for purpose – making sure they assess the right things, in a consistent way, and can be trusted.
Who can be an external expert?
We are looking for people from a wide range of different backgrounds.
- be a teacher, practitioner, assessor, examiner or an academic
- have extensive skills and experience in a particular industry
Please read ourfor full details of the role.
How we make use of your expertise
There are lots of ways we might ask you to contribute. For example, we might ask you to:
- focus on a single qualification or review a range of qualifications
- provide expert opinion on a specific theme or advise on general fitness for purpose
- contribute once qualifications are being delivered, or checking them prior to release
To see who is currently advising us, please download
Why should I apply?
This is a great opportunity to:
- be involved in crucial pieces of work that will benefit learners
- provide us with your professional expertise, as a consulting reviewer
- gain an insight into how qualifications are regulated
You will be paid for any expertise you provide.
How to apply?
To apply please complete the new applicant form.
The application process is open all year round, but we sometimes highlight specific subjects and sectors where we are particularly looking for external experts.
Renewing your contract
If you have received an email notification inviting you to renew your contract, please complete the renewal form
Adding additional skills
If you would like to add additional skills, experience, or acquired knowledge in a field of work or subject, to your original application, please complete the additional expertise form.
Please read our, and before completing any of the application forms.
How we process your application is shown in.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.