Information on Forestry Commission datasets and how to access them.
You can access Forestry Commission datasets through the Forestry Commission Open Data website, data.gov.uk website and Forest Research website.
Spatial datasets for use in a Geographical Information System (GIS)
You can download a wide range of Forestry Commission spatial datasets for use in a GIS. Map layers available for either England, Scotland, Wales, or all of Great Britain include:
- The National Forest Inventory woodland map
- Forestry Commission England woodland creation headline performance indicator
- woodland grants
- felling licences
- surveys of tree pests and diseases
- National Forest Estate boundaries, recreation features and roads
- National Forest Estate sub-compartments showing tree species and habitats
To access these datasets, visit the Forestry Commission Open Data website.
You can download further Open Datasets from the Forestry Commission from the data.gov.uk website, including:
- Forestry Commission England managed woodland headline performance indicator
- meteorological data from woodland sites
To access these datasets, visit the Forestry Commission webpages on data.gov.uk.
Forest Research statistics
Spreadsheets include statistics for England, Scotland, Wales, Great Britain, or all of the UK, and include tables from the Forestry Statistics publications covering, for example:
- woodland area and planting
- UK forests and climate change
- employment and businesses
- finance and prices
- international forestry
To access these datasets, visit the statistics data download webpage on the Forest Research website.