Projects should support implementation of the Association Agreement, raise understanding of EU integration and support energy sector reform.
The British Embassy Kyiv is looking for proposals for project work in Ukraine during the UK financial year 2014 to 2015. Successful projects will be funded by the FCO’s Bilateral Programme Budget. The deadline for submitting proposals is 31 May 2014.
The programme’s overall objectives are:
- promoting reforms under the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement, including a Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area, and supporting its implementation
- raising awareness of the target audiences on the benefits of closer integration of Ukraine with the EU in line with the Stronger Together public awareness campaign (see Further information below)
- supporting energy sector reform, with a focus on increased energy efficiency and investment effectiveness of the sector through better legislation, building institutional capacity to support unconventional gas development as a means to safeguard energy security.
Our priority is on strengthening civil society organisations but we also welcome working with governments where necessary. Successful projects should have sustainable outcomes but can also build on projects by other organisations.
Projects should be up to £10,000. Co-funding and own contribution will be a merit. Our funding is for this financial year only (projects must be implemented, and all payments made, by 31 March 2015).
Administrative costs (office rent, project management and book-keeper rates, utilities, communications, stationery, bank charges etc) must not exceed 8% of the total project budget. We are unable to fund academic courses or research, English language courses, the purchase of IT or other equipment.
Bidders should fill in the standardand include a breakdown of project costs in the . We will not consider proposals submitted in other formats.
Successful bids must primarily demonstrate strong strategic relevance to the programme objectives, added value and sustainability.
Proposals should be sent to the British Embassy Kyiv at Kyiv.Projects@fco.gov.uk by 31 May 2014.
We will evaluate proposals by mid-June. Approved projects will commence from 1 July.
Proposals will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- fit to programme objectives – the extent to which the proposal addresses the issues
- quality of project – the suitability and feasibility of the outlined activities in terms of methodology, staffing, and risks
- value for money – the value of the expected project outcomes, the level of funding requested and institutional contribution
- previous experience of the project team – evidence of the project team’s understanding the issue and of its regional activities, ability to manage and deliver a successful project, through work done to date in the area or in related fields.
If you have further questions, please email us at Kyiv.Projects@fco.gov.uk.
- Read our leaflet Ten arguments for Ukraine’s closer integration with the EU
- Read the initial research on raising awareness on the implementation of the Association Agreement including DCFTA and its impact in Ukraine
- Follow the Stronger Together campaign’s page on Facebook
- Read the booklet Selling to the EU under DCFTA
- Check out the Stronger Together events’ calendar on the EU Delegation in Ukraine website