Travel advice for fans travelling to the United States this summer to attend friendly matches across the country.
For a comprehensive list of football matches and where they are being played, please refer to the table below. Each match venue has their own website which provides information on how to get to the game, what items are allowed or are not permitted into the stadium, and any special requirements.
In addition to this advice, please review our travel advice for the USA.
- the US Visa Waiver Programme (VWP) allows most British passport holders to visit the USA for up to 90 days without a visa, but you may need to get authorisation from the Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) at least 72 hours before you travel. If you do not have an ESTA you will be refused entry into the USA. Visit: Entry requirements and the ESTA website for guidance
- your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is not valid in the USA and there is no special arrangements for British Visitors. Comprehensive travel insurance is essential, even if you are only going for one night. It could save you a lot of money should you get into difficulty
- know where your passport is at all times and keep it in a safe place.
- the USA has an ID culture, and you could be asked frequently to present your identification. Value your passport and look after it carefully
- never leave your passport in a rental car, even for a short period. Rental cars are prime targets for theft in many cities in the US
- your passport is not always safer on you. Lock your passport in a safe if you have access to one and take another form of ID, such as your driving licence, out with you
- make two photocopies of your passport – leave one with friends or family and take the second with you, or store it online using a secure data storage site
- allow enough time to arrive at the venue, especially if it is your first time visiting
- bring identification if you are collecting or purchasing tickets on the day
- remember to look left when crossing the road and if driving keep to the right hand side
- note the legal age for alcohol in the United States is 21. You will be asked for valid identification to prove your age
- minimise the items you are bringing to the game; bags will be searched and you may be asked to dispose of items. For complete listings, visit your venue website
Emergency Telephone Numbers Dial 911 for any emergencies while in the United States. Should you need consular assistance, keep the details for your closest British embassy or consulate general in the US on hand.
|Tues 14th July||Club Atlas v Newcastle United||Miller Park Wisconsin|
|Tues 14th July||AFC Bournemouth v Philadelphia Union||PPL Park Pennsylvania|
|Tues 14th July||Sacramento Republic v Sunderland||Bonney Field California|
|Wed 15th July||West Bromwich Albion v Orlando City||Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium Florida|
|Fri 17th July||West Bromwich Albion v Charleston Battery||Blackbaud Stadium South Carolina|
|Fri 17th July||Club America v Manchester United||Century Link Field Washington|
|Fri 17th July||Club de Futbol Pachua v Sunderland||Bonny Field Stadium California|
|Fri 17th July||Charleston Battery v West Bromwich Albion||Blackbaud Stadium South Carolina|
|Sat 18th July||Sacramento Republic v Newcastle United||Bonny Field Stadium California|
|Sun 19th July||West Bromwich Albion v Richmond Kickers||Richmond City Stadium Virginia|
|Sun 19th July||Richmond Kickers v West Bromwich Albion||City Stadium Virginia|
|Tues 21st July||San Jose Earthquakes v Manchester United||Kabam Field California|
|Tues 21st July||Portland Timbers v Newcastle United||Providence Park Oregon|
|Wed 22nd July||New York Red Bulls v Chelsea||Red Bull Arena New Jersey|
|Sat 25th July||FC Barcelona v Manchester United||Levi’s Stadium California|
|Sat 25th July||Paris Saint Germain v Chelsea||Bank of America Stadium North Carolina|
|Tues 28th July||FC Barcelona v Chelsea||FedEx Field Washington D.C.|
|Wed 29th July||Paris Saint Germain v Manchester United||Soldier Field Illinois|
|Wed 29th July||Tottenham Hotspur v MLS All-Stars||Dick’s Sporting Goods Park Colorado|