From 1 March 2014 notarial services that can be performed by alternative providers in Slovenia will not be offered by the British Embassy Ljubljana.
With effect from 1 March 2014, notarial and documentary services that can be performed by an alternative provider in Slovenia for example by Notaries Public/local lawyers, will no longer be offered by The British Embassy in Ljubljana.
The notarial and documentary services that can be provided, as well as a list of alternative providers of notarial and documentary services in Ljubljana is detailed in our detailed guide.
The Embassy will continue to provide the following notarial and documentary services:
- certifying copies of British passports
- true copies of UK educational documents
- administering an oath/affirmation
- registering a birth
- issuing consular birth certificates
- registering a death
- issuing consular death certificates
- affidavit/affirmation services
- Issuing a Certificate of no impediment to an intended marriage
Please see our Consular List of Fees.
These changes will modernise the delivery of our services and help free up resources so we can focus on providing assistance to customers who need our help most.
Please note: if you have UK documents which are required for use outside the UK, you will need to have them first notarised in the UK and then legalised by the FCO Legalisation Office.