The British Embassy in Pristina is seeking to recruit a Defence and Projects Assistant on a temporary basis for a period of 7 months.
The British Embassy Pristina is seeking to recruit a full time Defence and Projects Assistant to join the Embassy in Pristina on a temporary basis covering maternity leave for a period of 7 months. The successful candidate should be available to start on Monday 29 July 2013.
This position is full-time, with a varied remit split 75% Assistant to the Defence Attaché, 25% Projects Assistant. This remit may require occasional overnight absences away from home in order to assist with military support activity both within Kosovo and in neighbouring countries (eg Albania and Macedonia).
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- administrative support to the Defence Attaché and Ministry of Defence personnel visiting Kosovo
- administration of Defence finance payments and invoices
- monitoring of Defence Section budget
- liaison with Ministry of the KSF, the KSF, UK MOD and UK military units.
- liaison with the wider defence and security community within Kosovo.
- administrative support to the Projects Officers
- budget Management of Projects portfolio: processing payments and invoices
- coordinating logistics for meetings and visits
- interpreting and translation
- administration of Projects documents and filing
The successful candidate will require:
- fluent written and spoken English and fluency in Albanian
- the highest possible level of integrity, honesty and reliability.
- the ability to work in a team, with a positive, energetic and friendly approach.
- high level of customer service skills.
- the ability to work unsupervised and to prioritise workloads where required.
- a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, and in particular, Word, Outlook and Excel.
The successful candidate would also ideally have:
- significant work experience in this area
- a working knowledge of Serbian.
- familiarity with KSF military roles and functions.
- familiarity with UK military forces, their structure, roles and capabilities.
- background knowledge of regional defence organisations and international security organisations present within Kosovo.
Candidates must be willing to undergo background security checks including police, financial and on immigration status, employment is subject to checks being passed. By applying for the position candidates agree to this taking place.
How to apply
Candidates should send a covering letter (no more than one side of A4 paper) which should explain why they are interested in applying and why they believe they are suitable for the position. They should also include a full CV, copies of their educational qualifications and two written references (no more than 6 months old).
Applications can be submitted in person at the British Embassy (Ismail Qemali 6, Dragodan, Pristina – please mark the envelope clearly as an application for this position) or sent by email to email@example.com with the position as the subject heading. Applications should be received by 11am Friday 14 June 2013. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
The Embassy will only contact those candidates who have been selected for interview. Interviews will be held week commencing 24 June.