The British Embassy in Ljubljana is looking for a full-time Economic analyst for short-term cover from 15 April to 17 May 2013.
- Reporting on the state of Slovenia’s economy and risks to economic and fiscal recovery, and on progress and prospects for structural reforms and privatisation – 85 %
- Following developments on EU economic and financial issues, especially on growth and competitiveness, completing the single market and Financial Services – 10 %
- Contributing to wider political discussions and reporting within teams at the Embassy and other British Embassies in the Central European Network – 5 %
- Ensure that HM Treasury and Foreign and Commonwealth Office are fully briefed to their satisfaction on the economic and financial status in Slovenia.
- Identifying and flagging up Slovenian challenges to economic recovery and risks to meeting fiscal compact targets.
- Provide content within agreed timescale to Embassy and regional reporting.
- Economic background
- Expertise in analytical reporting
- Strong networking skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Knowledge and understanding of EU
- Fluency in English
- An awareness of domestic British politics would be an advantage.
How to apply
Applications should be made in English by 2pm on Thursday 11 April 2013 by email only to email@example.com. Please send us a motivational letter, explaining clearly the motivation, skills and experience you could bring to this role. Please also include a copy of your CV. Further details are available on request. This is a full-time position for short-term cover from 15 April to 17 May 2013.
Interviews will take place on Friday 12 April 2013.
Please be aware that the Embassy will not be able to meet any costs connected with relocation.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from suitably qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation or disability. All applications are treated on merit.