News article

Apply for 2017 Youth Mobility Scheme Certificates of Sponsorship

Hong Kong Labour Department will accept applications for Certificates of Sponsorship.

From 20 February to 3 March 2017, the Hong Kong Labour Department will be accepting applications for Certificates of Sponsorship for the Youth Mobility Scheme.

The UK/Hong Kong Youth Mobility Scheme is now in its fourth year and allows young people aged between 18 and 30 to live, work or study in the UK for up to 2 years.

British Consul General to Hong Kong and Macao Andrew Heyn said:

The UK/Hong Kong Working Holiday Scheme offers young people from Hong Kong an unparalleled chance to experience at first hand UK culture and history, as well as valuable international experience to last a lifetime. I hope that many people will take up this excellent opportunity to work or study in the UK.

From 2014, up to 1,000 HKSAR passport holders can qualify for the Youth Mobility Scheme each year. HKSAR passport holders need a Certificate of Sponsorship to apply for the Youth Mobility Scheme.

For further information on eligibility and how to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship please visit the Hong Kong Labour Department website. Information on the Youth Mobility Scheme can be found here.

Further information

British National (Overseas) passport holders are already eligible to apply for a visa under the Youth Mobility Scheme to the UK and are not subject to any quota or sponsorship requirements.