UK statistics on waste
Figures compiled on the total waste generated for the whole of the UK.
PDF, 597KB, 24 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This release contains statistics on waste produced at a UK level. The topics covered in this publication are:
- Waste from Households – 2010-15. UK and country breakdown.
- BMW (Biodegradable Municipal Waste) to landfill – 2010-15. UK and country breakdown.
- WStatR (Waste Statistics Regulation) generation breakdown – 2012 & 2014. UK and England breakdown but not DAs.
- WStatR treatment breakdown – 2012 & 2014. UK and England breakdown but not DAs.
- WStatR infrastructure breakdown - 2014. UK and England breakdown but not DAs.
- C&I (Commercial and Industrial) waste generation – 2012 & 2014. UK and England breakdown but not DAs. Figures for 2010 were added to the series on 20/02/2017.
- C&D (Construction and Demolition) recovery – 2010-15. UK and England breakdown but not DAs.
- Packaging waste recycling and recovery – 2014. UK only.
UK figures are compiled to comply with reporting requirements against the EC Waste Framework Directive, EC Waste Statistics Regulation, EC Landfill Directive and EC Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive.
Published: 25 September 2014
Updated: 20 February 2017
- Minor amendments to the data and text slightly revised.
- Previous statistical notice already on web page deleted as per instructions of responsible statistician.
- New UK statistics on waste published.
- To publish 2014 biodegradable municipal waste (BMW) to landfill figures.
- New UK waste figures published.
- This update is to add 2010-12 UK estimates that were intended for inclusion in the original release on 25 September 2014, but were withdrawn in order to allow further quality assurance.
- New publication released
- Information on new release updated
- First published.