- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Maritime and shipping statistics, Maritime sector, Trading fleets and ships (FLE01), UK owned vessels (FLE02), Red ensign group registered vessels (FLE04) World fleet registered vessels (FLE05), All United Kingdom Group Beneficial Owned vessels (FLE06), and All United Kingdom managed vessels (FLE07)
- 1 June 2016
Statistics on the size of the shipping fleet on 31 December 2015.
PDF, 343KB, 5 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
In 2015, the UK registered trading fleet:
- measured 13.7 million deadweight tonnes
- grew for the first time in 4 years by 8%
- remained the nineteenth largest trading fleet in the world
- accounted for 0.8% of the global fleet
Maritime and shipping statistics
Domestic waterborne freight enquiries 020 7944 2403
Seafarers statistics enquiries 020 7944 2403
Shipping statistics enquiries 020 7944 4119
Sea passengers statistics enquiries 020 7944 4847
Ports statistics enquiries 020 7944 4847
Published: 1 June 2016
From: Department for Transport
Part of: Maritime and shipping statistics Maritime sector Trading fleets and ships (FLE01) UK owned vessels (FLE02) Red ensign group registered vessels (FLE04) World fleet registered vessels (FLE05) All United Kingdom Group Beneficial Owned vessels (FLE06) All United Kingdom managed vessels (FLE07)