Rural housing statistics
Housing availability and affordability in rural and urban areas.
Availability and affordability of housing in rural and urban areas and the proportion of people who are in need of permanent accommodation.
- house building per 1,000 population
- net additions to housing stock (new analysis November 2015)
- homeless and in priority need per 1,000 households
- people in temporary accommodation per 1,000 households
- ratio of lower quartile house prices to lower quartile earnings
- private registered provider rents weighted by ONS mid-year population estimates
Data source: Department for Communities and Local Government
Rural classification used: Local Authority Rural-Urban Classification
Next release date: tbc
Published: 28 February 2013
Updated: 25 May 2017
- Published today, latest analysis on housing affordability in rural areas.
- We’ve changed how we’ve organised rural statistics and updated the content following Lord Cameron’s review of rural proofing.
- New rural statistics on the net additions to rural housing stock have been published today.
- Average private registered provider rents in rural and urban areas published.
- The latest rural housing statistics released today.
- First published.