Rural health statistics
Health of individuals in rural and urban areas.
Health indicators for people living in rural and urban areas.
- life expectancy
- infant mortality rate
- potential years of life lost from a range of common illnesses
Data source: Office for National Statistics and the National Centre for Health Outcomes Development
Rural classification used: Local Authority Rural-Urban Classification (Life Expectancy and Potential Years of Life Lost), Office for National Statistics Rural-Urban Definition 2001 (Infant Mortality)
Next release date: tbc
Published: 28 February 2013
Updated: 21 July 2016
- We’ve changed how we’ve organised rural statistics and updated the content following Lord Cameron’s review of rural proofing.
- Infant mortality rates for rural areas released today.
- Latest Rural Health statistics published.
- Rural health statistics published today.
- First published.