Rural health statistics
Health of individuals in rural and urban areas.
PDF, 712KB, 5 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
PDF, 800KB, 7 pages
Health indicators for people living in rural and urban areas.
- life expectancy
- potential years of life lost from all causes
- infant mortality rate (these statistics may not reflect the latest data that are available)
Data source: Office for National Statistics and NHS Digital
Rural classification used: Local Authority Rural-Urban Classification (Life Expectancy and Potential Years of Life Lost), Office for National Statistics Rural-Urban Definition 2001 (Infant Mortality)
Next release date: tbc
Published: 28 February 2013
Updated: 25 May 2017
- Updated health indicators for people living in rural and urban areas released today.
- We’ve changed how we’ve organised rural statistics and updated the content following Lord Cameron’s review of rural proofing.
- Infant mortality rates for rural areas released today.
- Latest Rural Health statistics published.
- Rural health statistics published today.
- First published.