Rural education statistics
Education statistics for rural and urban areas.
- childcare provision in terms of childcare settings and childcare places
- percentage of pupils leaving school with 5 A* to C grades at General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- school inspection outcomes
- full time and part time entrants to higher education per 1,000 population
Data source: Ofsted Freedom of Information early years dataset, Ofsted Schools Management Information, Department for Education and NOMIS
Rural classification used: Office for National Statistics Rural Urban Classification, Local Education Authority (LEA) classification, also Rural Urban Classification by postcode district for childcare section
Next release date: tbc
Published: 27 June 2013
Updated: 25 May 2017
- Statistics on full time and part time entrants to higher education in rural and urban areas have been updated.
- Published today, updated rural urban statistics for secondary education and new statistics covering childcare provision and outcomes of school inspections.
- We’ve changed how we’ve organised rural statistics and updated the content following Lord Cameron’s review of rural proofing.
- Rural education statistics have been updated today.
- Rural secondary education statistics published.
- Rural education statistics for 2011/12.
- First published.