Rural education statistics
Education statistics for rural and urban areas.
- childcare provision in terms of childcare settings and childcare places
- percentage of pupils leaving school with 5 A* to C grades at General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- school inspection outcomes
- full time entrants to higher education per 1,000 population
Data source: Ofsted Freedom of Information early years dataset, Department for Education and Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) student records provided by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, and Ofsted Schools Management Information
Rural classification used: Office for National Statistics Rural Urban Classification, Local Education Authority (LEA) classification, also Rural Urban Classification by postcode district for childcare section
Next release date: tbc
Published: 27 June 2013
Updated: 24 November 2016
- Published today, updated rural urban statistics for secondary education and new statistics covering childcare provision and outcomes of school inspections.
- We’ve changed how we’ve organised rural statistics and updated the content following Lord Cameron’s review of rural proofing.
- Rural education statistics have been updated today.
- Rural secondary education statistics published.
- Rural education statistics for 2011/12.
- First published.