Rural crime statistics
Crime figures in rural and urban areas.
Incidence rates of crime in rural and urban areas.
- police recorded violence against the person offences per 1,000 population
- police recorded sexual offences per 1,000 population
- police recorded robbery offences per 1,000 population
- police recorded domestic burglary offences per 1,000 households
- police recorded vehicles offences per 1,000 population
Data Source: Office for National Statistics, Recorded crime data at Community Safety Partnership / Local Authority level from 2002/03’ – Supplementary Excel tables to ‘Crime Statistics, period ending March 2013.
Rural classification used: Local Authority Rural Urban Classification
Published: 25 September 2012
Updated: 21 July 2016
- We’ve changed how we’ve organised rural statistics and updated the content following Lord Cameron’s review of rural proofing.
- Rural crime statistics released today.
- First published.