Road freight statistics: October 2015 to September 2016
- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Road freight: domestic and international statistics, International road freight activity (RFS02), and Domestic road freight activity (RFS01)
- 13 April 2017
Road freight activity statistics for the United Kingdom and internationally between October 2015 and September 2016.
PDF, 356KB, 5 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Statistics on road freight transported by Great Britain and United Kingdom registered Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs) in the United Kingdom and internationally.
Domestic road freight activity by Great Britain registered HGVs operating in the UK increased in the year ending September 2016.
There were increases of:
- 8% in the amount of goods lifted to 1.76 billion tonnes
- 8% in the amount of goods moved to 161 billion tonne kilometres
International road freight activity by UK registered HGVs to or from the UK decreased in the year ending September 2016.
There were decreases of:
- 8% in the amount of goods lifted to 7.8 million tonnes
- 9% in the amount of goods moved to 5.2 billion tonne kilometres
Road freight statistics
Public enquiries 020 7944 4261
Published: 13 April 2017