Road freight statistics: October 2014 to September 2015
- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Road freight: domestic and international statistics, Domestic road freight activity (RFS01), and International road freight activity (RFS02)
- 12 May 2016
Road freight activity statistics for the United Kingdom and internationally between October 2014 to September 2015.
PDF, 280KB, 3 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Statistics on the road freight activity for the United Kingdom and internationally between October 2014 to September 2015.
Domestic freight, compared to the previous year, shows an increase of:
- 11% in the amount of goods lifted to 1.63 billion tonnes
- 11% in the amount of goods moved to 150 billion tonne kilometres
within the UK.
International road freight, compared to the previous year, shows a decrease of:
- 6% in the amount of goods lifted to 8.5 million tonnes
- 6% in the amount of goods moved to 5.6 billon tonne kilometres
to or from the UK.
Road freight statistics
Public enquiries 020 7944 4261
Published: 12 May 2016