Road freight statistics: July 2015 to June 2016
- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Road freight: domestic and international statistics, Domestic road freight activity (RFS01), and International road freight activity (RFS02)
- 12 January 2017
- Last updated:
- 13 April 2017, see all updates
Road freight activity statistics for the United Kingdom and internationally between July 2015 and June 2016.
PDF, 447KB, 5 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Table RFS0144, which was updated on 12 January 2017 as part of “Road freight statistics: July 2015 to June 2016 report” contained an error which effected the quarterly data relating to Northern Ireland and the UK only. The annual figures and those relating to Great Britain were unaffected by this error. This error only affected this specific version of the table released on the 12 January and all previous editions were unaffected. This table and all effected editions of it have been replaced.
Statistics on road freight transported by GB and UK registered Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs) in the United Kingdom and internationally between July 2015 and June 2016.
Domestic freight activity increased in the UK in the 12 months ending June 2016.
There were increases of:
- 5% in the amount of goods lifted to 1.69 billion tonnes
- 6% in the amount of goods moved to 156 billion tonne kilometres
International road freight activity to or from the UK decreased in the 12 months ending June 2016.
There were decreases of:
- 11% in the amount of goods lifted to 7.8 million tonnes
- 11% in the amount of goods moved to 5.1 billion tonne kilometres
Road freight statistics
Public enquiries 020 7944 4261
Published: 12 January 2017
Updated: 13 April 2017
- Table 0144 was updated to resolve a minor processing error. Table 0101 has been revised.
- First published.