- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Road freight: domestic and international statistics, Freight, Domestic road freight activity (RFS01), and International road freight activity (RFS02)
- 12 October 2017
Road freight activity statistics for the United Kingdom and internationally between April 2016 to March 2017.
PDF, 297KB, 4 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Statistics on road freight transported by Great Britain and United Kingdom registered Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs) in the United Kingdom and internationally.
Domestic freight activity by Great Britain registered HGVs operating in the UK increased to record highs in the year ending March 2017. There were increases compared to the year ending March 2016 of:
- 17% in the amount of goods lifted, to 1.97 billion tonnes
- 13% in the amount of goods moved, to 174 billion tonne kilometres
International road freight by UK-registered HGVs transporting freight internationally decreased in the year ending March 2017. There were decreases compared to the year ending March 2016 of:
- 5% in the amount of goods lifted, to 7.8 million tonnes
- 7% in the amount of goods moved, to 5.2 billon tonne kilometres
Road freight statistics
Public enquiries 020 7944 4261
Published: 12 October 2017