- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Road freight: domestic and international statistics, Freight, International road freight activity (RFS02), and Domestic road freight activity (RFS01)
- 13 October 2016
Road freight activity statistics for the United Kingdom and internationally between April 2015 to March 2016.
PDF, 313KB, 5 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Statistics on road freight activity for the United Kingdom and internationally between April 2015 to March 2016.
Domestic freight shows an increase of:
- 8% in the amount of goods lifted to 1.68 billion tonnes
- 10% in the amount of goods moved to 155 billion tonne kilometres
International road freight, shows a decrease of:
- 8% in the amount of goods lifted to 8.2 million tonnes
- 6% in the amount of goods moved to 5.5 billon tonne kilometres
Road freight statistics
Public enquiries 020 7944 4261
Published: 13 October 2016