- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Road freight: domestic and international statistics, Domestic road freight activity (RFS01), and International road freight activity (RFS02)
- 13 July 2017
Road freight activity statistics within the United Kingdom and internationally for the year 2016.
PDF, 940KB, 11 pages
PDF, 528KB, 10 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Statistics on road freight transported by Great Britain and UK registered Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs) in the United Kingdom and internationally from January 2016 to December 2016.
Domestic freight activity increased in the UK increased to record highs in 2016. There were increases of:
- 15% in the amount of goods lifted to 1.89 billion tonnes
- 12% in the amount of goods moved to 170 billion tonne kilometres
International road freight activity to or from the UK by UK-registered HGVs decreased in 2016. There were decreases of:
- 6% in the amount of goods lifted to 7.8 million tonnes
- 8% in the amount of goods moved to 5.1 billon tonne kilometres
Road freight statistics
Public enquiries 020 7944 4261
Published: 13 July 2017