Road freight statistics: 2015
- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Road freight: domestic and international statistics, Freight, Domestic road freight activity (RFS01), and International road freight activity (RFS02)
- First published:
- 18 August 2016
Road freight activity statistics within the United Kingdom and internationally for January 2015 to December 2015.
PDF, 380KB, 13 pages
PDF, 481KB, 10 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Statistics on road freight transported by GB and UK registered heavy goods vehicles in the United Kingdom and internationally between January 2015 to December 2015.
Domestic freight activity increased in the UK in 2015. There were increases of:
- 11% in the amount of goods lifted to 1.65 billion tonnes
- 12% in the amount of goods moved to 152 billion tonne kilometres
International road freight activity to or from the UK decreased in 2015. There were decreases of:
- 8% in the amount of goods lifted to 8.2 million tonnes
- 6% in the amount of goods moved to 5.5 billon tonne kilometres
Road freight statistics
Public enquiries 020 7944 4261
Published: 18 August 2016