These statistics were previously reported under the title “Biofuels Statistics”. The name change is to account for the emergence of renewable fuels which are not biofuels, as well as to align our terminology across the department and to make our statistics more readable and coherent. The name change does not represent a break in the statistical series.
Statistics on the supply of renewable fuels, reported under the Renewable Transport Fuel Obligation for period 11, which runs from 15 April 2018 to 31 December 2018. This report is based on data available as of 17 June 2019.
This is the fourth of four provisional reports for period 11 and therefore contains an incomplete dataset for the year. The final report for this period is scheduled for publication in November 2019. We have incorporated changes to the report and tables as a result of changes to the legislation. Further information on these changes are available.
The report and accompanying tables includes information on the:
- amount of UK road transport fuel from renewable and fossil fuel
- number of Renewable Transport Fuel Certificates (RTFCs) which have been issued to fuel meeting the sustainability requirements
- balance of RTFCs by obligation period
- trades of RTFCs between suppliers and traders
- carbon and sustainability characteristics of the renewable fuel to which RTFCs have been issued
- voluntary scheme data of renewable transport fuel