Port freight statistics: July to September 2016
- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Maritime and shipping statistics, Maritime sector, and Traffic, indices and quarterly breakdowns (PORT05)
- 14 December 2016
Provisional quarterly statistics on freight handled by major UK ports for July to September 2016.
PDF, 262KB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Latest statistics on freight handled by major UK sea ports. Detailed final annual statistics for 2016 will be published in September 2017.
Comparing July to September 2016 to the same period last year, we see:
- total freight tonnage decreased by 1 % to 119.5 million tonnes
- unitised traffic decreased by 1 % to 6.8 million units
Comparing the 4 quarters ending September 2016 with the 4 quarters ending September 2015, we see:
- total tonnage of freight traffic decreased by 2 % to 478.3 million tonnes
- total unitised traffic increased by 1 % to 23.7 million units
Maritime and shipping statistics
Domestic waterborne freight enquiries 020 7944 2403
Seafarers statistics enquiries 020 7944 2403
Shipping statistics enquiries 020 7944 4119
Sea passengers statistics enquiries 020 7944 4163
Ports statistics enquiries 020 7944 4163
Published: 14 December 2016