Statistics on freight handled at major UK sea ports for April to June 2019.
When comparing April to June 2019 with April to June 2018 through UK major ports:
- total freight tonnage fell by 2% to 116.5 million tonnes
- inward tonnage fell by 1% to 75.2 million tonnes
- outward tonnage fell by 5% to 41.3 million tonnes
- total volume of unitised traffic fell by 6% to 5.8 million units
- inward units fell by 5% to 3.0 million units
- outward units fell by 6% to 2.8 million units
When comparing the rolling year to June 2019 with June 2018 through UK major ports:
- total tonnage increased by 2% to 476.0 million tonnes
- total volume of unitised traffic decreased by 1% to 23.6 million units
Detailed final annual statistics for 2019 will be published in summer 2020.
Further information about these statistics is available, including:
- background information on quarterly port freight statistics
- notes and definitions for all port freight statistics