- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Part of:
- Help to Buy equity loan and Help to Buy: NewBuy statistics, House building, and Homebuying
- 27 September 2012
- Applies to:
First release of official statistics about the Help to Buy: NewBuy scheme.
Ref: ISBN 9781409836582 PDF, 61.5KB, 3 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This first release of official statistics about the Help to Buy: NewBuy scheme (formerly known as ‘NewBuy’) was released under the auspices of the UK Statistics Authority’s code of practice on 27 September 2012.
Statistics on the Help to Buy: NewBuy scheme cover quarterly and cumulative data for England up to 30 June 2012.
This release sets out:
- total completions (number of properties purchased under the scheme)
- contingent liability (the maximum possible cost to government as a result of government’s provision of a guarantee corresponding to these completions)
- total costs (the amount spent by government to date in payment of claims made by mortgage lenders against this guarantee)
Published: 27 September 2012