The musculoskeletal diseases profiles tool has been launched by Public Health England (PHE).
Musculoskeletal conditions are the leading cause of pain and disability in England and account for one of the highest causes of sickness absence and productivity loss.
This profile tool has been designed to bring together data on a single platform, to enable the commissioning of high value musculoskeletal services. Data are provided in a user-friendly format to help local government and health services:
- understand the health needs of their populations
- see how many people are accessing services in their areas
- find out the cost and outcomes of services
This first release will contain 22 indicators, including these indicators with new data, not previously publicly available:
- osteoporosis: QOF (Quallity and Outcomes Framework) prevalence
- rheumatoid arthritis: QOF prevalence for people aged 16 and over
- percentage reporting a long term back problem
- percentage reporting a long term joint problem
- percentage of adults aged 18 and over classified as overweight or obese
View the musculoskeletal diseases profiles.