The Local Tobacco Control Profiles data update for July 2018 has been published by Public Health England (PHE).
These profiles have been designed to help local government and health services to assess the effect of tobacco use on their local populations. The data are presented in an interactive tool that allows users to view them in a user-friendly format.
This update contains:
- new smoking prevalence data for 2017
- a new indicator measuring the gap between smoking prevalence in routine and manual and other occupations
- more recent data for lung and oral cancer registrations for 2014 to 2016 and new oesophageal cancer registrations data
- more recent data for smoking related fires and fatalities caused by them for 2016 to 2017
- inequalities breakdowns for all of these indicators
See the attached data to be included document for full details of what’s in this update.
View previous Local Tobacco Control Profiles updates.