The Local Tobacco Control Profiles data update for December 2018 has been published by Public Health England (PHE).
These profiles have been designed to help local government and health services to assess the effect of tobacco use on their local populations. The data are presented in an interactive tool that allows users to view them in a user-friendly format.
This update contains:
- 2 new indicators for smoking prevalence in adults with a long term mental health condition and with anxiety or depression
- updated data for 7 indicators in the smoking related mortality domain (2015 to 2017)
- updated data for all indicators in the quitters domain (2017 to 2018)
- updated data for smoking prevalence calculated from the GP Patient Survey (GPPS) and Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) (2017 to 2018)
- revised back series for nine indicators based on the ONS (Office for National Statistics) mid-year population estimates
See the attached data to be included document for full details of what’s in this update.
View previous Local Tobacco Control Profiles updates.