The local area statistics on participation in sport and active recreation produced by Sport England and DCMS were released on 22 June 2012.
The local area statistics on participation in sport and active recreation, produced by Sport England and DCMS, were released on 22 June 2012 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
22 June 2012
April 2010 to April 2011
Local Authority level data
Previous release date
8 December 2011
The previous release can be found on the Statistics section of this website.
Next release date
December 2012 - Data will be published for local area statistics on adult sport and active recreation participation using the full Active People Survey 6 results.
This report presents local area statistics on participation in sport and active recreation using results from Sport England’s Active People Survey (APS) 6. Data published for County Councils and those authorities that have boosted samples will be based on Active People Survey data from April 2011 to April 2012. For the other authorities, the statistics are based on the 24 month period April 2010 to April 2012 giving a sample size of 1000. The report is accompanied by a workbook containing local area estimates.
For details on participation in sport and active recreation, please refer to Sport England’s website.
The estimates are available in the Excel workbook.
- Local Area statistics on sport participation (XLS 159kb)
- Local Area statistics on sport participation counties and boosted (CSV 15kb)
- Local Area statistics on sport participation local authorities not boosted (CSV 42kb )
Below is a list of DCMS Ministers and Officials who have received privileged early access to this release of Active People survey data. In line with best practice, the list has been kept to a minimum and those given access for briefing purposes had a maximum of 24 hours.
- Hugh Robertson, Minister for Sport and the Olympics - DCMS
- Daniel Thorne, Policy - DCMS
- Frances Macleod, Policy - DCMS
- Jose Riera, Press office - DCMS
- Jennie Price, Chief Executive - Sport England
- Mike Diaper, Executive Director Community Sports - Sport England
- Chris Perks, Director Local Relationships - Sport England
- Ruth Alleyne, Strategic Lead Local Government - Sport England
- Peter Dickinson, Head of Communications - Sport England
The UK Statistics Authority
This release is published in accordance with the Code of Practice for Official Statistics (2009), as produced by the UK Statistics Authority (UKSA). The UKSA has the overall objective of promoting and safeguarding the production and publication of official statistics that serve the public good. It monitors and reports on all official statistics, and promotes good practice in this area.