The liver disease profiles data tool has been updated to include new hospital admissions data for 2016 to 2017 for 2 indicators:
- age-standardised rate of hospital admissions due to liver disease per 100,000 population
- age-standardised rate of hospital admissions from alcoholic liver disease per 100,000 population
Also in this update:
- data for the financial years 2015 to 2016 and 2016 to 2017 have been added for the first time
- the previous time series data has been fully revised back to 2010 to 2011
- new views have been added to include deprivation deciles and ONS area classifications.
Liver disease is one of the main causes of premature mortality nationally. The profiles are designed to support local authorities by providing data in a user-friendly format to allow them to assess the effect of liver disease in their areas and take action to prevent it.
Data are presented by upper tier local authority, former Government Office Region and England. Lower tier local authority level data are also presented, where available.