This statistical release provides breakdowns of individual insolvencies in England and Wales, at region, county, unitary authority and local authority levels. It also includes age and gender breakdowns of individual insolvencies at region level. The statistics cover the calendar years 2000 to 2014, including revisions to data from 2000 to 2013 where applicable.
- The total insolvency rate decreased in nearly all regions, continuing the decreasing trend since 2009.
- The North East continued to have the highest insolvency rates, while London had the lowest.
- Areas with the highest insolvency rates were concentrated in seaside resort areas, parts of the North East, South West and Merseyside.
- For the first time, the female insolvency rate was higher than the male insolvency rate.
- Insolvency rates were highest in the 35-44 age category for both males and females.
- Insolvency rates decreased for all age groups except 18-24