These summary tables show the number of Housing Benefit claimants and average weekly spare room subsidy amount withdrawal by:
- region and local authority
- region and local authority by tenure and passported status
- region and local authority by spare room subsidy
- average weekly award by tenure
- passported status
- average weekly award by passported status
- average weekly award by age group
- age group and family type
- average weekly award by age group and family type
Following the release of the caseload statistics in August 2018, we will stop publishing the data in spreadsheet format.
The data will still be available in Stat-Xplore – an online tool where you can create your own customised tables and charts.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any comments or questions about this.
DWP also publishes historic and forecast benefit expenditure and caseload data which is usually consistent with the annual Budget and Autumn Statement.