Beta This is a test version of the layout of this page. Take the survey to help us improve it
Higher education enrolments and qualifications obtained in the UK: 2013 to 2014
Complete picture of UK higher education enrolments and qualifications obtained in the 1 August 2013 to 31 July 2014 academic year.
This statistical first release is published by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) in consultation with statisticians in the Deparment for Business, Innovation and Skills and the devolved administrations.
This is an annual publication that provides the first complete picture of higher education enrolments and qualifications obtained at UK higher education providers for the 1 August 2013 to 31 July 2014 academic year.
It shows the total number of students currently studying in higher education, and the numbers of students obtaining higher education qualifications. Tables included show separate figures for each of the home countries.
The tables show trends over recent years for:
- total students enrolled on postgraduate and undergraduate courses by place of permanent residence, mode of study and subject
- the number of students obtaining postgraduate and undergraduate qualifications
- the number and proportion of graduates by place of permanent residence, mode of study, gender, subject and class of degree
- students studying wholly overseas by location of study, course type and location of institution
- Participation by non-UK students by country of residence
- Distribution of Open University students by UK government administration
This latest release relates to the 1 August 2013 to 31 July 2014 academic year.
Earlier Statistical First Releases are also available on the Higher education statistics agency website.