Enrolments and qualifications obtained by higher education (HE) students at HE providers in the UK for the academic year 2013 to 2014.
This statistical first release is published by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) in consultation with statisticians in the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills and the devolved administrations.
It shows the total number of students currently studying in higher education, and the numbers of students obtaining higher education qualifications.
The tables include separate figures for each of the home countries. They show trends over recent years for:
- total students enrolled on postgraduate and undergraduate courses by place of permanent residence, mode of study and subject
- the number of students obtaining postgraduate and undergraduate qualifications
- the number and proportion of graduates by place of permanent residence, mode of study, gender, subject and class of degree
- students studying wholly overseas by location of study, course type and location of institution
- participation by non-UK students by country of residence
- distribution of Open University students by UK government administration