Statistics about learner participation, outcomes and highest qualification held in further education and skills, reported for November 2017.
Post-16 learner participation and achievements in further education (FE) and skills. The data sets out final statistics for the 2016 to 2017 academic year on:
- adult (aged 19 and over) government-funded FE (excluding schools and higher education) comprising:
- education and training, including offender learning (aged 18 and over)
- English and maths
- community learning
- advanced learner loans
- traineeships (aged 16 to 24)
- all age (aged 16 and over ) apprenticeships in England
- the highest level of qualification held by adults (aged 19 to 64) in England
Final data for earlier years is also available, along with data broken down by:
- learner characteristics including:
- learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities
- different geographical areas
Additional breakdowns of this data are available in the FE data library.
The annex document sets out the changes we will make to further education and skills statistics from January 2018. Please contact the team if you have any feedback.
Further education statistical dissemination team
Department for Education
2 St Paul's Place