Statistics about learner participation, outcomes and highest qualification held in further education and skills, reported for July 2017.
Experimental official statistics from the apprenticeship service have been published alongside this release and are available here.
Post-16 learner participation and achievements in further education (FE) and skills. The data sets out statistics reported to date for the first 3 quarters (August 2016 to April 2017) of the academic year 2016 to 2017 on:
- adult (aged 19 and over) government-funded further education (FE) (excluding schools and higher education) comprising:
- education and training, including offender learning (aged 18 and over)
- English and maths
- community learning
- advanced learner loans
- traineeships (aged 16 to 24)
- all age (aged 16 and over ) apprenticeships in England
- the highest level of qualification held by adults (aged 19 to 64) in England
Final data for earlier years is also available, along with data broken down by:
- learner characteristics including:
- learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities
- different geographical areas
Additional breakdowns of this data are available in the FE data library.