Reference Id: SFR39/2010
Publication Type: Statistical First Release
Publication data: Underlying Statistical data
Local Authority data: LA data
Release Date: 16 December 2010
Coverage status: Final
Publication Status: Published
This statistical first release provides information showing attainment for the early years foundation stage profile (EYFSP) for 2009 to 2010 by pupil characteristics, specifically gender, ethnicity, eligibility for free school meals (FSM), special educational needs (SEN) and English as a first language.
- 64.9% of girls achieved a good level of development compared to 46.8 percent of boys.
- Pupils from Irish, Mixed White and Asian, Indian and White British ethnic backgrounds achieved the highest level above the national average of 55.6% for a good level of development.
- 57.7 percent of pupils whose first language is English achieved a good level of development, compared with 46.6 of pupils for whom English is an additional language.
- 59.2% of pupils not eligible for free schools meals achieved a good level of development, compared to 39.5% for pupils known to be eligible for free school meals.
- 60.0 percent for those pupils with no identified SEN achieved a good level of development compared to 18.6 percent of pupils with SEN (both with a statement of SEN and without a statement).
Gill Atkinson - Data Outputs Unit