This publication provides statistics on:
- the outcomes of completed Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) Work Capability Assessments
- claims still in progress
- claims closed before the Work Capability Assessment process is complete
- outcome of appeals up to September 2016
This release also includes:
ESA Work Capability Assessment mandatory reconsideration registrations and outcomes to October 2016
- new statistics on ESA Work Capability Assessment mandatory reconsideration clearance times to October 2016
- more detailed experimental cohort information
The publication covers both new and repeat ESA claims and information on claims undergoing reassessment of incapacity benefits for ESA in Great Britain.
Read background information on these statistics in ESA: outcomes of Work Capability Assessment policies and statements.
Find more about DWP statistics and contact details on the Statistics at DWP page.
Find details of future DWP statistics releases in the statistics release calendar.
Next release date: 9 March 2017.