The content and the processes used for gathering the Incident Statistics set of data (compulsory basic training and direct access scheme) are currently under review, therefore there will be no update of this data for the foreseeable future. Any freedom of information requests concerning this data set should be sent to FOI@dvsa.gov.uk.
Statistics on the number and pass rates of driving and riding practical tests conducted in Great Britain for the period April to June 2018, and also statistics on driving instructors.
During April to June 2018, there were:
- 518,861 theory tests conducted
- 478,224 practical tests conducted
Compared with April to June 2017, this was:
- a decrease of 5.1% across all theory tests conducted
- a decrease of 1.4% across all practical tests conducted
During April to June 2018, car tests made up:
- 88% of theory tests
- 89% of practical tests
The number of practical vocational tests conducted for Large Goods Vehicles increased by 1.9% from April to June 2017.
At the end of June 2018, there were:
- 39,195 Approved Driving Instructors (ADI) on the statutory register.