Statistics showing the percentage of students staying in education or going on to employment or training for at least 2 terms in the 2014 to 2015 academic year, after finishing study in the 2013 to 2014 academic year at:
- key stage 4 (after year 11, usually aged 16)
- key stage 5 (after A levels or other level 3 qualifications, usually aged 18)
Sustained destinations include:
- school sixth forms
- further education and sixth-form colleges
- higher education institutions (universities)
- employment (and training at key stage 4)
The percentage of students who do not sustain an education or employment destination during this year, and those with no activity captured in our data are also shown.
This release gives breakdowns for specific student characteristics including:
- disadvantaged status and free school meal eligibility
- special educational needs (and learning difficulties and disabilities at key stage 5)
These statistics include data from independent schools which were not included in the provisional publication.