Local authority data
Local authority data:
19 October 2011
The Special Educational Needs Information Act (2008) required the Secretary of State to publish information about children in England with special educational needs (SEN) to help improve the wellbeing of these children.
This is the third statistical publication that has been developed to meet the requirements of the Act. This publication includes new information on pupils with SEN alongside further interpretation of existing findings. There are new sections on activities at ages 16, 18 and 19 for young people with SEN.
All figures are provided at national level, with some information at regional and local authority level.
The publication is divided into the following 5 key themes with data derived from a range of sources, including the school census and national pupil database:
- theme 1: characteristics of pupils with SEN.
- theme 2: attainment of pupils with SEN.
- theme 3: progression of pupils with SEN.
- theme 4: activities up to age 19 for young people with SEN.
- theme 5: absence and exclusions from school of pupils with SEN.